1 medium ripe New Zealand avocado, mashed
1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1/4 cup gluten-free flour
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 175° C.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminium foil. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
- Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add cocoa powder mixture to avocado mixture; mix well.
- Add chocolate chips; mix until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
- Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool for an hour before removing from pan. Cut into sixteen squares.