250g lamb / beef mince
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
5g ginger, grated
1/4 small brown onion (30g)
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
3 sheets of ready-made puff pastry
1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced
5g fresh coriander
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 egg, beaten
Sweet chilli sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 200° C, fan bake.
- For filling: Heat up a pan to medium high heat and add oil.
- Saute garlic, ginger and onion for 1-2 minute or until onions are softened.
- Add lamb / beef mince and all the spices and seasonings.
- Stir well and cook for 5-7 minutes or until mince is fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Use a small bowl and cut the pastry into 12cm diameter circle.
- On a pastry, put a tablespoon of the mince and place a slice of avocado on top.
- Brush the edge with water, press the edges to seal and crimp.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Place in oven for 20 mins until golden. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.