300g beef sirloin steak (3cm thickness)
2 small cloves (3g) garlic, grated
1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1/2 pinch white pepper
1/2 green papaya, shredded
1/2 medium carrot, shredded
6 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 telegraph cucumber, peeled into ribbons
1 avocado, cut in chunks
1 clove garlic, grated
1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
Roasted peanuts, crushed
Deep fried shallots
- Put all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add beef and marinate overnight.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place a frying pan on medium high heat and cook the beef for 3 minutes on each side. Rest it for 6 minutes on a plate.
- Once rested, slice the beef thinly.
- To assemble the salad, mix the lettuce, green papaya, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, mint leaves, coriander and beef in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss together.
- Serve the salad in bowls and garnish with roasted peanuts, deep fried shallots and chilli. Don’t forget to drizzle the dressing from the bowl, and enjoy!